Thursday, August 27, 2015

Fair Warning

It seems that we’re really starting to get immersed in the 2016 election, with most of the air in the room being aspirated by Mr. Trump. It’s not surprising that the main focus right now is on the Republican side, because honestly, who can’t ogle a train wreck?

But there is some action on the Democratic side, too, and I feel like I need to make something very clear. I think everyone knows that I dress left (ha!), so that should come as no surprise. I’m starting to see some infighting between Clinton supporters and Sanders supporters, though, and I’m here to tell you that I want none of it. I refuse to bash either candidate. The main thing those of us on the left need to do is ensure that a Democrat gets into the White House again, whether it’s Hillary, Bernie, or Joe (although I really don’t think he’s going to run). I don’t care who the nominee turns out to be: I will vote for the Democratic candidate. We actually have a pretty good bench, and I would vote for O’Malley or Webb or Chafee if they somehow got the nomination. They are all decent people who will advance the Democratic agenda and support Democratic policies.

There are possible Supreme Court nominations looming. Do you really want a Republican nominee on the Court? This is crucial.

I am fine if you support any of the Democratic candidates. We have no argument there. However, I will not get into any arguments about who is the better candidate, and I will not tolerate any bashing of any Democratic candidate. Don’t like Hillary? Fine. But don’t be posting stuff on my Bookface wall bashing her. Debate is fine (although I really don’t want to engage in that this time around...my mind is made up), but angry rhetoric and name-calling is not. I also know my own mind well enough that I have come to my own decision, so going after me and trying to convince me otherwise isn’t going to work very well for you. Something some of you might not know about me is that I am very stubborn, and the more someone tells me I have to do or see or read something, the less likely I am to do so.

That’s why I still haven’t seen “Titanic.”

Anyway, at the end of the day, we need to remember that we are on the same side and want the same things. The best way to get there is to get a Democratic president into the White House again. Don’t lose sight of that goal.

(For any Republican friends reading this, it really doesn't apply to you. Carry on!)

1 comment:

  1. You Stubborn, really??? :o)

    Agreed, must be a democrat!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?